Holding Nursing Homes Responsible For Abuse And Neglect
Putting a loved one in a nursing home is never an easy decision. It’s a difficult situation to come to terms with, and finding a home that will provide the necessary love and care is equally difficult. The home you ultimately choose should have trained, qualified personnel on staff who can protect your loved one at all times.
However, if you should ever suspect that this is not the case, Johnson, Eiesland & Rohl is here for you. Nursing homes will sometimes place more value on profit than care, and that’s where we come in. Once a home hires inexperienced and unqualified personnel, problems can start to arise. Here are some examples of abuse and neglect to watch out for:
- Pressure sores
- Failure to prevent falls
- Failure to provide proper nutrition or hydration
- Over or under medicating
- Emotional or verbal abuse
- Physical abuse of a resident (by staff or other residents)
- Sexual assault or rape of a resident
Some Information We’ll Want To Know:
- Was there death or recovery after treatment?
- Was the patient moved to a different facility?
- Is the patient still alive?
- What kind of injuries are present?
- How well are the injuries documented?
- What were the locations of treatment?
- Who are the doctors who administered treatment?
- Was a complaint filed with the state?
- Was there a response to your complaint?
- Who has power of attorney?
- Do you have medical records?
We’re Advocates For You And Your Family
Over the years, Johnson, Eiesland & Rohl has successfully resolved a number of nursing home neglect and abuse cases throughout South Dakota. We’ve resolved these cases through settlement, mediation, arbitration and trial. Throughout the process, we’ll go the extra mile to ensure you receive the representation you deserve. Schedule a free initial consultation with us to learn more about how we can assist. Call us at 605-646-0714 or email us through our online contact form.